Wednesday, October 21, 2009

R.I.P. Roc Raida

True NY legend. Grandmaster Roc Raida. One of the best hiphop DJ's to bless the turntables/


"...the best dj's in the world today,
cuttin' up rock the bells, LL Cool J,
and many more, Robbie Swift and he raw,
Roc Raida, #1 chop innovator..."


Taken from grandgood.com:

Grand Master Roc Raida: 1972 – 2009 “As one of the Godfathers of Hip Hop, it is a tremendous loss to the Dj community. It’s sometimes rare to meet an individual who was a supertalent, but was so mild mannered and so calm. His skill level was admired worldwide. It was pleasure to see him in action. It was a pleasure to know him. I give my condolences to his family.” – Grandmaster Flash

“My heart is in pain over the passing of a good friend. He’s like a brother to me because he holds the same values I hold when it comes to my family, friends, music and life. He will be missed but not forgotten. I will keep his wife and children in my prayers. Rest in Peace Grand Master Roc Raida!” – GrandWizzard Theodore

“Roc Raida was an innovator on the turntables at a time when we thought the best of the best had been seen. His artistic wizardry seemed so effortless it reminded me of a young GrandWizzard Theodore. His easy going attitude was a pleasure to see in a time where most artists of his caliber were big headed. Salute young general and RIP to our latest Grand Master!” – GrandMaster Caz

“The Lord is forming his band right now. He called home Michael Jackson. But he was missing a DJ that could match the skill level as Michael. So he called upon Grandmaster Roc Raida.” – DJ Scratch

“Since the day I met Raida, he was the most humble, strong willed, genuine, ultimate competitor. The greatest DJ in my book.” – Lord Finesse

“Grand Master Roc Raida was one of the greatest DJs to ever touch a turntable. To guys like myself and Craze who came up right after the monumental generation of X-Men, ISP and Beat Junkies, Raida was the ultimate inspiration as a battle DJ. For those who knew him personally, Raida was also the kindest, more generous and funniest friend we had. He was like a mentor to me, I can’t even count the amount of times he helped me out over the years. I feel like I just lost a big brother. He will be sorely missed.” – DJ A-Trak

No comments: